Dorit Kemsley’s boyfriend: ‘As a man, as a gay man, there’s nothing more I could possibly wish for’
Dorit Kemsley responded in the worst way to her boyfriend’s “knockout game” accusation.
Dorit Kemsley, castmember of Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” is out and about with her kids in Santa Monica, Calif. on Thursday, August 16, after being robbed at gunpoint while at dinner with her boyfriend, Michael Elkin.
She and her children were dining at Guelaguetza at The Sag Hotel in Beverly Hills, when Elkin, 41, called the police to report a burglary. They immediately started packing for an indefinite stint in Mexico, and Elkin took to Instagram to show his gratitude.
But according to reports, there was no liquor or jewelry that had been stolen. Kemsley, 52, was confronted by a man who was later released without charges.
Bravo star Lisa Vanderpump, who has been part of the show since the first season in 2010, is apparently not faring well either. On her Instagram account, Vanderpump posted an image of the suspects walking out of the restaurant with much jewelry missing.
But on Thursday, Kemsley spoke to People about the incident. She said the family was “disappointed” in the police response, and that there were “a few lies” told in the press. “I really wish they would have taken the report for what it was, so it could have been handled quickly and professionally. I think that instead of beating us down [they] should have taken it and ran with it and let the case progress in the proper way,” she said.
Kemsley said her children weren’t harmed, and that the family is “grateful” that they weren’t hurt, or in the other words, fine.
She said she also feels bad for Elkin. “I can understand that it’s very upsetting for him to have to deal with that. It does surprise me how short the police investigation was and I was also upset for him.”
She also offered a call to “goodness and justice.” “If there are no charges, then we’re back at square one. I hope that it’s handled the way that it should be handled.”